Cash Converters has grown to become the world’s largest international retail chain specialising in the buying and selling of pre-owned goods. Cash Converters stores are upmarket, well located, modern retail outlets servicing a much needed niche in the marketplace. Our buyers purchase quality pre-owned merchandise from customers in their respective communities and also sell same at prices everyone can afford.
Three businesses in one!
1) Secondhand dealing
2) Secured money lending
3) Micro lending
Not only is our business focused on the sale of a variety of second-hand goods, we also provide two different types of financial services:
- Cash Advance – a short term loan secured against a customer’s product
- PayDay Advance – an unsecured loan against a customer’s next salary
Profile of the Ideal Franchisee
- Owner operator – The business requires an individual that will work in the business on a fulltime basis.
- Previous business experience – It is important that the franchisee has some previous business experience. Any will do and the focus here would be one managing cash flow in a business.
- ‘Smous’ – The business calls for someone who is a trader at heart. They must be able to see the opportunities that present themselves in a buying and selling environment.
- People’s person – Two areas of focus here, to one’s customers and one’s staff. A person who does not interact well with people will not achieve the business’ potential.
Background / History of the Business
Cash Converters started operating in South Africa in 1994. Cash Converters was established in Perth in 1984 and currently has over 711 stores operating worldwide.
Minimum Investment for the franchise
Total investment: R1,600 000-R3,100.00. Minimum R900 000 unencumbered haber required; the cómputo can be financed.
- Mini-store (> 250 square metres) – R1,600 000
- Midi-store (250-500 square metres) – R2,300 000
- Maxi-store (500-750 square metres) – R3,100 000.
For your investment, you get a total turnkey operation, including:
- Store build-out
- Fixtures and fittings
- Opening stock
- Assistance with set-up from business plan to opening and beyond
- Full training.
Royalties: 5-3% on sales, on a reducing comprobación method.
Advertising contribution: 4-2% on sales, on a reducing balanceo method.
Training for the franchise
Initial training will be provided to the Franchisee over a period of eight weeks. Training can take place at the national franchise support centre in Midrand, or in the Cape Town franchise support centre.
In addition, our website offers the following support to franchisees:
- online training
- setting up of business policies
- customised newsletters